Sign Up To Postie

Our courier partner NZ Post has advised that they are experiencing delays of up to 10 days with deliveries, so please expect some delays in your order reaching you.

Like many companies in New Zealand, Postie has recently completed a comprehensive review of its approach to payments under the Holidays Act 2003, with the support of external legal and payroll advisors. The review found some issues with the calculation of entitlements and payments relating to annual holidays, bereavement leave, alternative holidays, public holidays and sick leave.

Postie has completed the work necessary to calculate current and former employees correct leave payments and entitlements for the period between 18/07/2014 to 30/04/2021 in compliance with the Holidays Act 2003. We have identified some employees have been underpaid and/or their entitlements have been miscalculated.

Former employees that are affected are being contacted via letters and emails between 19 July 2021 and 30 November 2021, and if owed back pay they will be invited to verify their identity and register their claim at

To set up and manage their claim, former employees will be required to provide the reference number they receive from Postie, their IRD number, a form of identification and the documentation listed at the end of this webpage. Postie will then verify your identity before making the appropriate payment.

If you are a former employee you can check if you are owed a remediation payment and register a claim at


How do I know your calculations for my payment are correct?

We've used external payroll and legal experts to review all employees' leave records and payments during the remediation period. This review has provided the basis for calculating the back payments owed. This has been a very thorough process to make sure you're getting what you're entitled to. Should you require the full breakdown of your calculations, we can provide this to you upon your request.

What dates does this cover?

From 18/07/2014 (or your employment start date if this occurred later) through to 30/04/2021 (or your termination date if this occurred earlier).

If I am entitled to a back payment how will this be taxed?

PAYE, as well as other deductions such as student loan repayment and KiwiSaver contributions, will be deducted at the time of payment. The back payment will be taxed as a lump sum payment.

Will my KiwiSaver employee and employer contributions apply?

Yes, KiwiSaver contributions will be deducted from the payment to you and the associated employer contributions will be paid if you're contributing to KiwiSaver when the payment is made. If you're a member of a KiwiSaver scheme, ensure you complete the KS2 form.

Will the back pay calculations affect my Working for Families entitlements, or disability allowance?

Your back pay may affect your Working for Families entitlement or disability allowance for the year ended 31 March 2022. Please refer to or contact Inland Revenue on 0800 227 773 to discuss your situation if necessary.


We will only collect and use your personal information for the purposes of remediating any payment owed to you, under Postie's Holidays Act remediation project. We will retain this information for 7 years as required by law.

How do I claim on behalf of a deceased former employee, or former employee for whom I hold Power of Attorney?

We will need you to provide documentation to verify your identity and to confirm that you are authorised to act on behalf of the former employee's estate. Please contact and we will get in touch with you to progress this.

I have some more questions. Who can I contact?

Please email any questions to and we'll come back to you as quickly as we can.

Additional Documentary Requirements For Former Employees.

For former employees, the following documentation needs to be provided to to enable your identity to be verified and before any back payment can be made to you:

  • a personal record update form including:
    • proof of identity (eg copy of driver’s license, passport or birth certificate);and
    • bank account details (eg deposit slip or statement with account name); and
  • a signed Tax Code Declaration Form (IR330); and
  • if you are contributing to KiwiSaver, a signed IRD KiwiSaver Deduction Form (KS2).